Monday, June 10, 2013

JUMBO June!


It's JUMBO June!


 This week was one of the hardest yet best weeks of my entire life. As I went through trials and tribulations I truly began to learn to turn our will to the Lord's will and trust in His plan for us. I am so thankful for all the prayers and blessings I received this week and I am a walking miracle. (Not in a prideful way of course!)

 So the start of the week I got a phone call from a RM our served at the Visitor's Center as well who told me she lives with my friend! She told me that my friend needed to come in and talk with me about something important and I said, okay and told her when I would be there. I waited and waited and waited and finally I saw my friend. We appropriately had a seat and he informed me that his dad had died. I was crushed. His dad was one of the most loving and amazing men i've ever had the chance to meet. I had an even more special second visit last night (Sunday night) at the Visitor's Center with his mom and little sister. I felt the spirit so strong and as we walked through God's Plan and talked about the binding power of the covenants we make with God, there was so much comfort in the fact that Families are Forever. I have so much love for this family and felt so blessed to have been able to be part of this sensitive time in their lives. I have learned so much from their strength and faith in the gospel and the comfort they have received from the truthfulness of this gospel.
  I also had confidence this week! I am learning so much about how to have confidence while here. Confidence is hard sometimes... especially when you are new, don't know a language, etc. excuses right? No. Confidence comes from being obedient and having the spirit with you. I am so happy here and doing so amazing. I have an amazing training whom is the Big Cahuna at the Visitor's Center and she is teaching me how to be Dignified. I have this problem with talking about zombies, bacon and batman sometimes.. and saying the word "guys"... that have a a problem with is now a Had a problem with~the amazing thing is that I want to be dignified for my Savior not my trainer. I am a witness of Christ. (so much growth!)

 Also, Transfer news came this week. It was big news because it would decipher who was going to the Scottsdale mission and who was staying in Mesa..my mission president expressed to my trainer that I was a full field sister and I would not being staying in the Visitor's Center and that she was not going to finish training me or to "not count on it", "it's not happening". So transfer news came Saturday night at 10:22pm and guess what,
I AM STAYING AT THE VISITOR'S CENTER and with my trainer! The Lord loves me! I feel so blessed. Unbelievably blessed. 

 You would all be proud to hear that I ALSO had a 20 minute conversation in spanish with a dinner appointment about potatoes. Specifically about the Potato Museum. The museum that I haven't entered since the 1900's! She laughed and laughed and laughed about popas though and my trainer was so unbelievably proud and I was too. My spanish is progressing so much and I had about 7 people compliment it. So I can do it!!!

 

I love you all! Thank you for the love and support so much! Upward and Onward!

Hermana Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment